King’s College London is one of the oldest universities in the world. It has extremely distinguished alumni: Nobel Laureates, Grammy winners, Oscar winners, politicians, etc. It is one of the Top 30 universities in the United Kingdom.
Host Country: London, England
Host University: King’s College London
Name of the scholarship: Ax:son Johnson Institute for Statecraft and Diplomacy (AJI) PhD Studentship in History, Diplomacy and Grand Strategy
Number of Awards: 3
Degree Level: PhD
- Tuition fees at home and international level
- An annual stipend (living allowance): at the UKRI rate (for the year 2021/22, this was set at £17,609)
- Additional paid teaching/ research opportunities may arise.
- Master's degree with high merit, and a 2:1 honours degree at the bachelor's level in history or a related discipline.
- A letter of interest of up to three pages in length indicating your interest in conducting historically-minded research on statecraft and strategy within the international cohort of the Ax: son Johnson Institute for Statecraft and Diplomacy (AJI), and outlining your background, interest, and research skills, showing how you satisfy the requirements described.
- A detailed research proposal in political/diplomatic/military history, grand strategy, security studies and/or strategic studies. This proposal should include a clearly articulated central research question(s) and methodology. It should demonstrate your strong fit for the AJI programme, including by indicating the connections you would seek to build within the Centre for Grand Strategy and the partner institutions.
- A detailed CV.
- A writing sample of no more than 20 pages.
- Names and contact information for two academic referees. You are encouraged to inform your referees that they may be contacted during the shortlisting process and asked to provide a letter of reference.
Application Deadline: 9 May 2022
- Interested applicants can check this link for details - https://cutt.ly/HGfziUO