A fire broke out at a carton factory in Bayazid Bostami Thana area of Chattogram early Wednesday.
The fire broke out around 5:10am at Mac Paper and Board Mills Limited and it took six fire tenders an hour to control the flames, said Enamul Haque, senior station officer of Agrabad Fire Service.
"Initially we suspect that the fire originated from an electrical short-circuit", he added, reports UNB.
No injury or casualty was reported.
However, the extent of the losses could not be known immediately.